Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Inner Peace

You know, as time passes by, the disturbing thought of my heart aches in all that is happening. With tragic news of a family from our church being killed, makes my mind go crazy. However the inner peace and assurance of a wonderful Savior gives me hope to stand. The word says:

"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful." (John 14:27 NASB)

It's all over the news today. To be honest, It is not a pretty world out there. Frankly I think earth has not been pretty since Adam and Eve forfeited their right to Eden. Read the headlines today all sort of crises are occurring:

Husband convicted of Murdering his Wife and Two Sons.

Centenarian financial institutions going bankrupt

North Korea may already have nuclear warheads

Russia orders upgrade of its nuclear deterrent

Tainted milk scare spreading from China to Japan

US bailout plan for economy

Looking at these few headlines we have, Christianity in Crises, financial, war, and health crises occurring simultaneously around us. How can anyone maintain any level of peace and harmony in such a chaotic world?

It makes me realize we have a promise of peace that Jesus gave His disciples and to all of us who believe. (John 14:27). The peace Jesus was speaking of comes from the Holy Spirit that each believer should have within them. The Holy Spirit or The Comforter, as Jesus calls it, brings us the peace we need to withstand this world of chaos.

As you can see this peace is a spiritual peace and once within us it shows through our lives. When it is within us, it shows outwardly in our lives. We become that light on the hill, a beacon that others are drawn to. Others are drawn to us because the peace within us pours out on others around us when we let it shine and share it. When we share it we are bringing harmony amidst the chaos of the world around us.

Just think of the times, when we have either given solace to a co-worker, gave someone food to eat, shared our personal testimonies, or shared the message of God's Word to others. All of those things and quite a few others bring comfort, hope, and sometimes unity to others who feel the bleakness of the world around them. We are to use the peace Jesus gives us to light up the world where we go bringing a little harmony to the lives of those we minister to in our walk in Jesus.

"I will not speak much more with you, for the ruler of the world is coming, and he has nothing in Me; but so that the world may know that I love the Father, I do exactly as the Father commanded Me Get up, let us go from here." - John 14:30-31 NASB

Jesus told us that the ruler of the world is coming, some may say that he is already here, Satan. Satan has nothing in Jesus, therefore we are to bring to the world what it is lacking. Harmony amidst chaos. Bring Jesus to the World.

Just sharing my heart, as I am burdened about a few things!

I love you friends. We are in this together! Let's keep up the good work of the Lord. Living to be a Light, an Influence to a broken and hurting world!

I love you deeply!
Dg

No comments:

Post a Comment